To start broadcasting need:
1. The button “Start Broadcast” - after pressing on it you begin your broadcasting
The broadcasting runs from the recording device by default (usually the microphone).
After the first pressing, the broadcaster asks admittance to your microphone (as on the picture below). Press “Allow” to start the air broadcasting.
2. “Start record” - allows to record the broadcast. The time of the record is limited. After saving, a new file will appear in the "Records" folder, which is located on the "Records/podcasts" tab.
3. This controls is made for listening to your air and displaying information on the number of listeners. Press the button to start to hear your broadcast, if you want to hear your voice, put a checkmark next to "Hear yourself."
4. Microphone volume control.
5. Auto-DJ volume control. After disconnecting the translator (closing the page of the broadcast), the sound volume of Auto-DJ will be restored to 100%.
6. The volume control of music from the playlist. The sound volume applies is only for the track that is started on the same page of the broadcast.
7. Create a new folder for storing music in the broadcaster.
8. Music upload.
9. Section "Playlists" - management of music and playlists during the broadcast. To start the broadcast, you need to move the music here.
10. АвтоДиджей – для того чтобы ваша станция работала круглосуточно вам необходимо включить Автодиджей прежде чем покините станцию.
11. Indication of playing a track in the broadcast. Here you can rewind the track or find out the time before it ends.
12. In this field you can manage the tracks during the broadcast. Enable any track from any situation, select the volume of the track, rewind it, or change the playing order by dragging the track up or down.
13. Button of playlist saving.
If you want to listen to a track before it will be run on the air, you can do it easily by pressing on Play in the left list. Thus only you can hear playing track!!! And track which running on the air during this time is not interrupted!
This section is for those who wish to broadcast a sound directly from computer or to use professional software and hardware.
Easiest and most affordable way to broadcast what you hear from your columns is using the built-in sound card mixer.
Thus it is possible to broadcast: music from your computer and third-party sites, processed sound by special programs (including the mixed real-time), the sound of the DJ console.
To do this you need make sure that you have installed appropriated sound driver for your sound card. It can be found on the disc included with the computer when buying or on the official website of company, which was produced your computer/laptop or sound card. If you have a sound card Realtek (most likely, they are often embedded in the motherboard), you 100% have the equipment that meets all requirements.
Next you need to replace the device by default from microphone on stereo mixer, it is necessary to play all sounds from the PC on the air.
Example for Windows 7 ( activities in other operating systems are substantially similar)
To do this you must: (on the Windows toolbar at the right below) click the mouse on the icon of volume and select "recording devices" in the appeared list .
In the opened window select the "Stereo Mixer" by default (in this case if you did everything right, the stereo mixer will be marked with a green check mark), then click "OK". Update the page with the broadcaster and click "Broadcast" - all sounds from your computer, which can be heard from columns and headphones (including croaking ICQ and Mail Agent) will go on the air.
To avoid any background sounds in live use headphones!
PC-broadcasting - is an optional, fee-based service, included in "Профи"
You can capture all sounds from your computer and brodcast them through the Icecast protocol using specialized broadcast programs.
To do this, use the Icecast connection parameters on the station settings page ("Settings" menu > "Station Settings"):
You can use third-party software: "SAM Broadcaster", "RadioBOSS", "Butt" and so on, as well as our software based on the open source program "Butt".
Download broadcasting program
To upload music on the site, you need:
An upload process begins.
Downloading files interrupts if you close the site page.
Track title and description are generated automatically on the base of contents of the file, but it can be changed after loading
BROADCAST, INCLUDING the music from your computer is possible without it!
Necessity in Auto-DJ arises when you want to broadcast your station all day, but can not be near computer all the time. Auto-DJ will work even if you turn off your PC.
1. Starts/stops the Auto-DJ for the current playlist.
2. This option is designed to provide uninterrupted broadcasting of your station.
If this option is enabled, Auto-DJ is suspended when you start the broadcast (via the broadcaster on the site or using some software). If the broadcast is interrupted, the Auto-DJ automatically resumes playlist playback after 5 seconds.
3. Applies playlist changes without restarting of the Auto-DJ
4. Undoes all changes in the playlist and displays the list that is currently playing.
5. On/off playlist shuffle.
6. On/off crossfade.
7. The selected track from which playback will begin after click on the "Start"(1) or "Apply"(3) button.
8. The track that is currently playing.
9. In this list you need to vome tracks for Auto-DJ. The playlist is saved automatically when you change it.
Using the schedule, you can set the mode of operation of the auto-DJ by the time of day, dates and days of the week.
The schedule allows you to:
- set the interval of playlists by specifying the start and stop times of the playlist, for the interval of the playlist, you can specify the parameters of mixing, crossfade and the way the name is displayed in the player;
- set the exact start time of the jingle or podcast;
- set the interval in which, jingles will be launched periodically;
- set the days of the week and/or dates for which the above parameters will be applied;
Creating a schedule
All schedule settings are performed on a special page:
Here you can create one or more schedules with different priorities (low, medium, high). To do this, click the "+" button in the "Schedules" line
Each priority displays its own icon:
In each schedule, you need to select the days of the week. Additionally, you can specify start and/or end dates.
Then you need to set the playtime of the playlists and/or the release time of jingles/podcasts.
At the same time, it is possible to set a schedule only for playlists or only for jingles. To do this, uncheck the "Playlists" or "Jingles" header if you want to disable playlists or jingles for a schedule, respectively.
To add a playlist, click the "+" button next to the "Playlists" header
Here you need to select one of the playlists that are available at the station, and specify the time interval (the minimum playlist time is 30 minutes).
For each interval, you can specify the parameters of shuffle, crossfade and the way the description is displayed in the player.
If you select the option "Display playlist name", then you can specify a different name for display in the description of the broadcast (player).
Click the "+" button next to the "Jingles" header to add a new jingle
When adding jingles/podcasts, you need to consider a number of features:
- a jingle/podcast is inserted using a smooth insert into the current playlist of the auto-DJ, while the playlist is paused for the duration of the track;
- a jingle/podcast can be started at intervals of 5 to 180 minutes in a given time interval (the area is grayed out) or one-time (the track is highlighted in red);
- if a long track starts at regular intervals and its time is longer than the period, then the next jingle will be skipped;
- if at the same time a jingle/podcast with periodicity and a jingle/podcast with single playback is played, then a single jingle/podcast will be added to the schedule;
There are buttons at the top of the page to undo/redo actions, save the schedule and reset the changes. They become available when you make a change. When the schedule configuration is completed, click the Save Changes button.
Schedule hours are calculated for the time zone specified in the station settings.
If the schedule for any period of time is not set, then the "basic" playlist of the auto-DJ will play.
By default, RJs cannot edit the schedule, in order to give the DJ access to the schedule editor, you need to add the appropriate rights to him ("Settings" -> "RJs")
If several schedules are set, then on a certain day only one schedule works for playlists or jingles.
Priority is defined as follows:
1) The schedule with the highest priority selected during creation is selected (high -> medium -> low);
2) Schedules with filled fields are selected (both dates are indicated -> only one date is indicated -> only days of the week are indicated);
3) If the schedules get the same priority, then the last one in the list (which was created later than the others) will be selected.
You can view the generated schedule for a specific date in the broadcast page on the tab "Auto DJ" -> "Schedule".
Here you can see which playlist or jingle/podcast will playback at a certain time.
To change the station logo, you need to go to the station's settings page (top menu "Settings" -> "Station appearance") and upload proper file in "Station logo" section.
Recommended logo size 320x180 pixels.
So you've created your radio, uploaded music and began to broadcast. Now the big question - is where to get a lot of listeners !?
There are few basic approaches to solve this problem, but they work only if your station is really interesting (this is a separate issue described in detail on our forum).
The best thing you can do - is to use all approaches at the same time. In this case there will be a "chain reaction". I.e. more listeners are already on the station - greater the number of listeners it will be interested.
1. Try to maintain a conversation with all new coming to the station. Banal "Hello :-)" - it already sets a positive contact. Of course, it can scare someone, but in most cases it's a big plus. So you can already gather an audience, but there is a direct relationship between the number of people at the station and your oratorical talent. Do not be afraid to start intimate conversations, call up listeners, find out their opinions and preferences in music.
However, here you are, ready to communicate, but listeners are still low! What to do? Read more :o)
2. Invite friends - they will give you the first push towards success. Invite not only "the most-most" and chosens, but all in a row from the list in ICQ, Mail Agent, Skype, Ventra, VKontakte, even those who are currently offline. Do not make a decision for people whether they will be interested or not - they're smart, they believe themselves able to make their choice :-) So you can already draw a crowd.
3 . Use the social networks under player on your station. They will let your comrades know that you have created your station. After all, the most people are not sitting all the time online. They come from work or study, will open "VKontakte", and there are news about your radio - bam! and they already on your station.
Big additional plus is if you ask your friends to click these buttons - this approach could trigger a chain reaction.
4. This method is not suitable for everyone, but it should not be ignored. Good article or news hits get on the homepage of Volnorez, its readers automatically become your listeners. So, if you are the proud owner of the writer's talent and the acoount type "Standard" or " Pro" - you provided additional 100-300 people a day.
5. The banner in the show bill (available only for users of "Standard" and "Pro" ) - a good help, because almost every visitor at first enters on the home page and at first thing he sees - these are big beautiful pictures of stations in the top of the page. This "picture" could attract about 200-500 people a day! To put your banner in the show bill - click at the bottom of the administrative panel "My ads on Volnorez" -> "Adsense on show bill"
6. Also, you can use "Banner advertisement" for advertising your station. Your banner will be shown at all online users' stations. You can also adjust the timing and the target audience of your advertising company.
You can customize your banner on link or in the top panel "Ads" -> "Banner advertisement".
1. Enable/disable banner shows
2. The final form of the banner.
3. Shows today/total showing/remaining targeted shows (remaining shows without targeting)
4. Customize the appearance of banner, can be: the text (for example, with reference to your station) or picture when you click on that users also will be able to get to your station.
5. Rules, additional settings, statistics and payment for banner.
Targeting. Here you can set: the number of showing per day, shows to unique user (i.e., the same user will see your banner as many times as you want.), show time (example: if you select the time from 1 to 4 , then your banner will be shown from 1:00:00 till 3:59:59 ), to show to users all over the world or only selected countries or regions.
Statistics. Here it shows statistics for showing and conversions (clicks) of your banner. CTR percentage ratio between shows and conversions.
Payment. Here you can pay for banner.
ATTENTION! read the last paragraphs:
1. Banners on advertising platform changes every 60-90 seconds
2. The same banner is not shown to the same visitor more than once at 15 minutes
3. Picture and description MUST NOT contain: obscene words, words defamatory visitors or third parties, incitement to violence, pornography
4. Picture and description MUST NOT violate copyright
Remember that it is not enough to invite many people on station, it is important that they like what they hear! Then listeners will longer remain on your radio and return to it again and again
To rouse the audience interest, you need make a nice airtime and fill them by different games and fun.
We have collected and prepared for you the terms of the most popular of them, here.
We will consider the design of the "Amsterdam" radio for example, because it uses all settings.
ATTANTION!!!!!! All configuration changes are applied "quickly" - without extra buttons and page reloads!
To get to the settings page, you can get from the top panel. It is necessary to select "Settings" -> "Custom station design"
So when entering the design page you will see the following:
Station design can conditionally be divided into three steps:
1. Logo uploading
2. Background uploading
3. Picture placement
Image in the background can be located depending on your desires:
You can also fix the background. This feature is very convenient just to put a static image in the background that will not scroll with the page content. In this case, you can simply set an image as the desktop Windows. By the way, such images (Wallpaper - visit Yandex, Google) are very well suited to the requirements
4. Setting the type of placement of the background image and colors
Upload the original image. In this case amsterdam.jpg, 1700x1000 px, 82 kilobytes.
After loading the image station page will be in this form.
Change "Offset of the top page", put it in the value of 80 (need to free space for the top station header)
Then, we see a sharp transition between backgrounds from the right and left of the page(red rectangle). That is because the background repeats. To avoid it check "Fixed background".
To appoint the second RJ you need to login to radiostation (username - the name of your radio station) and password. You will see the admin panel below. Press the menu "Settings", then when menu is opened we choose "Station options".
Next page shows the settings of your radiostation, where you can enter a channel description, email address, change your password, appoint password to the RJ, change station's name, copy the JS-Code (code of a player to insert into your website), also appointing of RJ.
So, initially in the "Settings" tab you open the "General", to add RJ you need to click on the appropriate tab, as shown below. p>
Process of adding an RJ can be divided into two phases (block number 1 and block number 2 on picture), in the first block you turn the button "accept request", and listeners see on the main page of your radio (after refreshing the page), in the title of the player they will see "Become RJ on this station" button, clicking on it they will send you a request.
Next, requests coming to you, you accept or reject them, and then click "Save". After you save RJ moves to block number 2 "Actual RJs", where he is given the rights (to change the design or logo, load or delete tracks, write and delete news and events in the broadcast shedule, connect and extend account type, as well as broadcast)
Block number 3 is used to enter your quests to your station, for examples those guests which will be interviewed. (Guests are limited in rights, including to ban listeners in chat).
To connect guest password should be:
1. Click on the activation password button for guests
2. Enter password
3. Save by pressing the appropriate button
Once you're done, give to visitors your username and password.
Your login and password are created by the guest must be entered to access the site. There is a button "Enter" in the upper right menu, after pressing on it the form for entering login and password is opened!
With the publication of articles you can not only inform your listeners about upcoming events and thematic broadcasts, but also attract to new ones from the home page and search engines of Volnorez.
To get to the news publishing - click on the top menu "Settings" -> "News publishing"
Not every article or news display on Volnorez home page. Only administration may choose themPublishing example
After publishing the article, our moderator determines whether display it on the main page of Volnorez or not.
We'd like to highlight some reasons for the our choice to make decisions
Here is a list of basic requirements for the articles on the main:
1. Uniqueness of the text of article must be more than 80% - if the article contains information on a global scale, i.e., covers events occurring outside our site (check out the article on the uniqueness of the program that can be downloaded from the page: http://advego.ru/plagiatus/ )
2. Article or note should contain information about the music, radio or related areas: examples of articles are available on the main page. In extreme cases, an article that covers the events of everyone's interests may be placed. These cases are really exceptional, like: "Our people are landed on Mars!" or "Our soccer team won the World Cup!"
3. Article shall consist of not less than 250 characters and have the image
4. On the main page can get even an article of the category "We have opened", "Today it will be a contest" or "At 18:00 transfer will take place dedicated to..." if it describes in detail "what, where, when, for whom", and maybe "why, who was the RJ, the guests, what music will play..."
5. Of course, the article should be written correctly, without the filthy language and abuses
6. There articles are not allowed on the main like:
P.S. Try to arouse interest not only your audience, but also other visitors
In order to create a podcast, you must have your own breakwater station, or you must be a DJ at another station.
The podcast creation section is located in the user settings.
After you have selected a station and pressed the "Select from station" button. A dialog box will open with the folders of this station from the recording section. You must select the entry that you want to arrange as a podcast by clicking on the button (picture below).
After that, you will need to enter a title and description for the podcast. Then choose a genre (category or topic). If the required Genre is not there, you can add it yourself by clicking the "Add" button. Enter a name and click "Save". To cancel the addition, leave the field blank and also click "Save". The names should be correct and should not hurt anyone's views. In cases of violation of this restriction, the addition will be only through moderation.
After all the data has been entered and the "Save" button is pressed, a podcast is created so that listeners and users need to make it visible, i.e. publish (peephole button on the podcast itself).
When you create a podcast, the track is transferred to a special folder, from which it can neither be moved nor deleted. If a podcast is published and passed our moderation, then this track is not counted in memory.
You can publish a track as a podcast only once. In cases where the podcast is created by two or more presenters, questions and controversies, and who will publish the podcast, etc. etc. are solved by the copyright holders independently, without the help of the administration of the service.